Monday, December 5, 2011

Growing and Enjoying Tea

For many years, i have enjoyed many varieties of tea. My favorite tea houses include: Teaism (8th & D streets, D.C.), Teavana (Tyson's Corner), Capital Teas (Annapolis), and several local tea shops in Frederick. I am partial to black teas that are smokey and earthy, though I also enjoy mild green teas (Gyokuru Imperial is a favorite, from Teaism).

Several years ago, I decided to try my hand at growing tea. This is the website of Camellia Forest Nursery, in South Carolina. Order a tea tree and it will ship to your door, along with instructions for harvesting the "first flush" of leaves and treating them to make either green or black tea. Occasionally, they carry tea from India and other countries. Growing tea is a rewarding endeavor and it is fun as well!

Www.camforest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment